1. “Effectiveness of Vaccination Recommendations versus Mandates: Evidence from the hepatitis A vaccine, ” Journal of Health Economics 52 (Jan 2017): 45-62.
2. “Direct and Spillover Effects of Middle School Vaccination Requirements” (with Christopher S. Carpenter). American Economic Journal: Economic Policy 11(1), February 2019: 95-125. [Previous version: NBER Working Paper #23107]
- Media Coverage: Washington Post, American Economic Association
3. “Giving Teens a Boost? Effects of Adolescent Meningococcal Vaccine Recommendations,” American Journal of Health Economics 6(2), 2020. [Ungated version]
4. “Population Mortality and Laws Encouraging Influenza Vaccination for Hospital Workers” (with Mariana Carrera and Corey White). Annals of Internal Medicine (Jan 2021).
5. “Spillover of Medicaid Expansion to Prescribing of Opioid Use Disorder Medications in Medicare Part D” (with Amanda J. Abraham, Samantha J. Harris, Grace Bagwell Adams, and W. David Bradford). Psychiatric Services, 2021.
6. “Information Shocks and Pharmaceutical Firms’ Marketing Efforts: Evidence from the Chantix Black Box Warning Removal” (with Meghan Skira). Journal of Health Economics 81(Jan 2022):102557. [Ungated version]
7. “The Effect of Hospital Postpartum Care Regulations on Breastfeeding and Maternal Time Allocation” (with Katherine G. Yewell). Forthcoming at American Economic Journal: Applied Economics.
“Comparison of Postpartum Opioid Prescriptions Before vs During the COVID-19 Pandemic” (with Shelby Steuart, Grace Bagwell Adams, Hailemichael Shone, and Amanda Abraham). Conditionally accepted at JAMA Network Open.
“Consequences of a Shortage and Rationing: Evidence from a Pediatric Vaccine” (with Eli Liebman, Abe Dunn, and David Ridley). Submitted. [Draft updated 1-18-2023]
“Market Responses to Vaccine Recommendations” (with Brandyn F. Churchill and Laura E. Henkhaus). Submitted.
“Information Shocks and Health Behaviors: Evidence from Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations” (with Brandyn F. Churchill). Submitted.
“Full Nurse Practitioner Scope of Practice Laws Associated with Increased Buprenorphine Prescribing in Medicare Part D” (with Samantha Harris and Amanda Abraham)
Selected Work in Progress
“The Effect of Hospital Breastfeeding Laws on Health and Health Behaviors” (with Meghan Skira and Katherine Yewell)
“Intended and Unintended Consequences of Prenatal Substance Use Laws” (with Shelby Steuart and Amanda Abraham)