1. “Effectiveness of Vaccination Recommendations versus Mandates: Evidence from the hepatitis A vaccine, ” Journal of Health Economics 52 (Jan 2017): 45-62.
2. “Direct and Spillover Effects of Middle School Vaccination Requirements” (with Christopher S. Carpenter). American Economic Journal: Economic Policy 11(1), February 2019: 95-125. [Previous version: NBER Working Paper #23107]
3. “Giving Teens a Boost? Effects of Adolescent Meningococcal Vaccine Recommendations,” American Journal of Health Economics 6(2), 2020. [Ungated version]
4. “Population Mortality and Laws Encouraging Influenza Vaccination for Hospital Workers” (with Mariana Carrera and Corey White). Annals of Internal Medicine (Jan 2021).
5. “Spillover of Medicaid Expansion to Prescribing of Opioid Use Disorder Medications in Medicare Part D” (with Amanda J. Abraham, Samantha J. Harris, Grace Bagwell Adams, and W. David Bradford). Psychiatric Services, 2021.
6. “Information Shocks and Pharmaceutical Firms’ Marketing Efforts: Evidence from the Chantix Black Box Warning Removal” (with Meghan Skira). Journal of Health Economics 81(Jan 2022):102557. [Ungated version]
“The Effect of Hospital Postpartum Care Regulations on Breastfeeding and Maternal Time Allocation” (with Katherine G. Yewell). Revisions requested at American Economic Journal: Applied Economics.
“Full Nurse Practitioner Scope of Practice Laws Associated with Increased Buprenorphine Prescribing in Medicare Part D” (with Samantha Harris and Amanda Abraham). Submitted.
“Market Responses to Vaccine Recommendations” (with Brandyn F. Churchill and Laura E. Henkhaus)
Selected Work in Progress
“Consequences of a Shortage and Rationing: Evidence from a Pediatric Vaccine” (with Abe Dunn, Eli Liebman, and David Ridley)
“Intended and Unintended Consequences of Prenatal Substance Use Laws”